https://www.brooksecurity.com/wp-content/themes/brook-security/img/logos/brook-security-logo.png 300 80 Brook Security
by Lisa George
Security Considerations for Interior Design Projects
When undertaking interior design and interior remodeling projects on your client’s properties, an element of the project that can often be overlooked is the security requirements for the property as you and your team are working on it. Often, windows and doors may be removed in order to be replaced, workers will be in and out regularly and it can be easy to forget to secure the property at the end of the day.
As every interior design project is different, a bespoke security system is often required, and unfortunately it is not normally something you will find easily from a simple Google search. We know it can be hard to know where to start when it comes to securing your client’s property during an interior design remodel – how do you know that the security company you’re researching is able to provide the security systems and services you require?
We’ve gathered a quick list of things you should look out for when it comes to commissioning a reputable security company to secure your client’s property during an interior design project:
- Bespoke home security services offering tailored solutions: – any company you choose should have a robust auditing process in place which means that they can complete a full security review of a property before providing a bespoke quote, featuring a range of suitable security systems and solutions appropriate to the property itself.
- 24/7 alarm monitoring – an element that will no doubt provide peace of mind at all times for both yourself and your client, we suggest that security providers need to ensure that they can respond swiftly to developing threats discovered via 24/7 alarm monitoring.
- A layered approach to security is essential when it comes to commissioning a security company. Ensuring that the property is secured using cutting edge and smart technology is vital to ensure that the property does not become an easy target for opportunists looking to exploit lax security measures.
- Research the company effectively and search for relevant case studies and experience – if you can’t find up to date testimonials on their website or social media, don’t be afraid to contact their previous customers to ask for real time feedback. You need to be sure of their discretion, professionalism and reliability when it comes to the security services they offer.
- The latest Smart security technology -Basic security is simply not enough when it comes to securing larger, high end properties undergoing interior design work, owing to the fact that their needs are often different to a lived-in property. Ensure that any prospective company is able to offer full state of the art security technology. Make sure that they can provide you with advanced CCTV systems, perimeter alarms, intrusion detection, access control systems and smart home security technology, among other things.
- Local is often best when it comes to security – ensuring that a quick response is provided in the event of a threat. Remember that this is a key part of security delivery even if you are on the premises.
Get in touch with our team at Brook Security to tailor a bespoke security plan to suit your property and needs today on 0800 281249.