Layered Security – Best Line of Defence for your Home or Commercial Property
Ensuring that high net worth homes are effectively secured whether occupied or not can seem a daunting task – there are often numerous factors to take into account, including securing the main property, garages, outbuildings and grounds too.
This is why Brook Security champions a multi-layered approach when it comes to providing a comprehensive security solution for your luxury home or commercial property. When looking to secure high net worth properties, a ‘one size fits all’ approach will just not cater effectively for all the different and unique vulnerabilities individual properties come with. High net worth homeowners will especially want all bases covered and a multi-layered approach to securing your home ensures a bespoke fit, designed specifically for your property’s needs is applied.
All too often a quick search on google for local security providers will not return a suitable list of specialist security firms with the knowledge and expertise to be able to offer you a bespoke security solution to suit your high-end property and assets.
What is multi-layered Security?
Layered home security is where security is employed in a network approach, using several components with varying levels of protection. Each layer provides a different type of security for your property and the network itself should have multiple overlapping redundancies in case one security function fails. By using a variety of different security systems and resources, a multi-layered approach to home security can act as protection from and deterrent of home intruders.
Components of multi layered Security
The right home security system should be completely bespoke to your property and requirements. A professional security company with expertise in securing high value properties and assets will conduct a thorough security audit/review. Following this security audit, multi layered security solutions bespoke to your property will then be presented to you for consideration. These multi layered security solutions are often a combination of many of the following security systems and services:
- Gates – gates effectively create a barrier between the home and surrounding area, both acting as a deterrent and ensuring privacy from prying eyes which could become potential security threats.
- Access control systems – access control systems are an additional layer of security for gates and doors within a property, using technology to prevent and deter unauthorised people from gaining access to the property.
- Security cameras – security cameras or CCTV protect the home by providing a constant surveillance of vulnerable areas, allowing potential threats to your property’s security to be resolved swiftly because they have been identified before intrusion has occurred.
- Intrusion detection – intrusion detection systems use a variety of sensors to detect and help prevent theft, property damage and threats to safety; when used in cohesion with other security methods they boost the efficiency of your overall home security.
- Perimeter alarms – perimeter alarms act as a first line of defence for your home by providing foresight into potential dangers at the property line and covering the blind spots of other implemented security systems.
- Smart home security – smart home security technology allows for seamless communication between the security resources employed to protect your home and offers a more robust level of protection than traditional devices.
- Personal attack alarms – when you start thinking about your personal safety and the safety of your family, a personal attack button gives that added security and indeed, peace of mind.
- Safes – safes act as a final layer of protection for valuables within your home, in the event of other methods failing, they prevent items with the highest personal value being taken off the property and bide time for law enforcement to arrive.
Get in touch with our team of security experts at Brook Security to tailor a bespoke security plan to suit your luxury home or commercial property today on 0800 281249.